Sunday, August 29, 2010

Operation: Love Reunited Homecoming

As many of you know, I am a photographer for the wonderful organization of OpLove.  Last night I had the amazing experience of photographing a homecoming for an amazing family.  Typically I post sneak peeks of 4-7 images but in processing this shoot I knew I had to tell the story as it unfolded in front of my lens and post as many images as I needed in order to do that.  So there is my disclaimer that this post is very heavy with pictures :)

I saw excitement, anxiety, anticipation and even boredom in the moments leading up to the ceremony ("Come ON already, I know he's here!!!") transform suddenly to awe and raw tears of happiness and relief the moment the soldiers walked through the door and they set eyes on their loved one.  All of the emotion I saw and felt coupled with physical work to keep up as they rushed to greet and hug him... I really had my work cut out for me.  At one point I dropped my camera from my eye as I became consumed with emotion but quickly snapped myself out of it so as not to miss recording one moment of this amazing reunion.  Thank you again to the B family for choosing me to photograph these memories for you.  I hope you enjoy them not only now but also in the many years to come.

The photos and other content of this publication do not constitute or imply any endorsement or recommendation by the Department of Defense.

3 comments:

  1. Really great emotions you captured here...Brought a couple tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good story told here- right to the heart and from the heart! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are amazing! You told such a beautiful story without using words. Love every single one of them :)

    ReplyDelete